There are a few basic things we can all do to help keep our skin clean and healthy. Here are 5 top tips direct from Dr Teresa herself, with 20 years’ experience in skincare – so she really knows her stuff. You’ve probably heard these from your Grandmother too and everyone knows that “Grandma knows best!”.
Using Dr Teresa’s tips as a guide to great skincare will not only help you keep your skin healthy, but it will help you keep your body healthy too. Our bodies rely on great care and attention to keep everything working properly.
- Drink plenty of water. Yes, I know, you’ve been nagged by everyone, but seriously, drinking enough water helps to keep our bodies working properly and flushing out toxins. You don’t need a detox, you just need to drink water. Being hydrated helps keep our skin looking good too.
- Keep off the sugar! Too much sugar affects every part of our body and also contributes to weight gain and tooth decay as well as being one of the factors that can make acne worse.
- Try and eat healthily. Plenty of vegetables will ensure that you get the vitamins and minerals you need for healthy skin.
- Clean your face at night. If you live in town, you will get a sheen of particles on your face from the traffic pollution. It’s also a good idea to remove your make-up to reduce clogged pores. It doesn’t need to be a major routine. Use a gentle cleanser to remove your make-up and wash your face with a mild cleanser or soap. Decide what works for you. Follow with a simple moisturiser. Don’t forget to moisturise your neck!
- Use a moisturiser with sunscreen during the day to protect your skin from the sun’s aging rays.
Obviously, these are general tips and everyone’s skin will react differently if you have a particular skin condition you may need to seek specialist advice as to what cleansers and moisturisers you can use. As certain products might aggravate your condition and make the symptoms worse.
Dr Teresa can advise on the best skincare routine for you and would be very happy to offer a free consultation.